Rip Curl Flashbomb 2021 C/Zip 3/2mm Steamer
The East coaster go to winter and windier summer wetsuit for most kiters and surfers. Flash Bomb suits are made with the best available neoprene, super stretchy, and flexible so the suit does not cramp your style or inhibit movement.
The Flash Bomb lining is simply the most well tested and reliable lining providing exceptional thermal insulation combined with water and sweat-wicking away from your skin which creates that feeling of warmth that goes beyond the thickness of the neoprene. Hang it up and rinse in freshwater after use (out of direct sun) and the suit will be dry in 15-20 mins - because no one likes to put on a wet wetty!
Glued and taped seams all over the suit make it waterproof which further adds to the insulating effect
Rip Curl Flashbomb 3/2mm Chest Zip Steamer Wetsuit is one of the warmest surfing wetsuits you can buy in the current wetsuit climate, the suit stretches like mad too. As the unofficial kings of wetsuit construction, you can be assured that Rip Curl's top-of-the-range Flashbomb 3/2mm Chest Zip wetsuit has cut no corners. The Flashbomb is a flag-ship suit featuring Ripcurl's best materials and construction techniques. Depending on how you tolerate the cold, this suit will keep you stoked from 16-22C - get some boots and gloves if you feel the cold.
Take the best materials on the market, stick them together with high-stretch and water-tight GBS seams, Flash poly fleece lining, and a chest-zip enclosure and you've got superior warmth and stretch - if you're tossing up between this and the no-zip version, just remember the no zip will be moderately stretchier whilst sacrificing the durability that a zipper provides.
If you're considering a six hundred dollar suit you probably know what you're talking about but Rip Curl has added some tech features which may fly under the radar such as the Mesh Skin. This external lining is a subtle take on the traditional 'smooth-skin' material typically found on the chest panel, which is designed to repel water, therefore reduce wind-chill, however, the added bonus of the mesh skin is it's great solar heat absorption, perhaps a result of the fact it's dry!
To get the most out of your Rip Curl Flashbomb 3/2mm Chest Zip Steamer Wetsuit we recommend washing it with the Australian-made Wetsuit Wash and reading our Wetsuit Maintenance Guide.
Rip Curl Flashbomb 3/2mm Chest Zip Steamer Wetsuit Features:
- E5 Neoprene: A contender for the stretchiest and warmest material on the market. Unrivalled stretch, great warmth, supreme comfort and softness are part in parcel to Rip Curl's top line wetsuits.
- E5 Flash Lining: By engineering two individual layers within their polyfleece lining Rip Curl have effectively created a funnel in which water will move along. The suit is not only warmer because of this but when you stand up any trapped water will flow down through the suit.
- Chest Zip: Once you go front zip you'll never go back! That's because the chest zip fixes a fundamental flaw of the back zip, which is that it limits your ability to curve your back! Get the goss on zips.
- Glued and Blind Stitched Seams: A high-performance seam is one that has a great deal of stretch but is also sealed and a GBS seam ticks both of those boxes. The only downfall is durability but Rip Curl have remedied this with their E5 Tape. Learn more about seams.
- Liquid Tape Seals: A neoprene 'tape' that is laid along the inside of the seams to increase durability and is super comfy on the skin, much more so than stitching.
- Mesh Skin: An external coating that absorbs solar heat but repels water, creating an outside layer that improves heat retention and limits wind-chill.
- Magnetic Stash Pocket: Just like the usual stash pocket but sealed by a magnet, not a zip.