So you want to get into kitesurfing? Kitepower is Sydney's best kite school and will offer you unmatched levels of progression and safety. Our lessons are taught one-on-one, meaning your lesson is completely customised and catered to the individual. We endeavour to get you on the water independently as quickly as possible.
Kitepower is proud of our dedication to safety. We are the only school in New South Wales accredited by Kiteboarding Australia. This means we teach to the highest possible standard, allowing you to learn our amazing sport with confidence. We utilise both radio helmets and boat support to offer the best experience possible.
Lessons include all gear**. We only use the industry's most advanced equipment, meaning you will be on the cutting edge of gear innovation from the start. Quality gear will make a huge difference in your learning curve and safety while getting into the sport.
While this lesson is available to purchase online, please don't buy it as gift - buy a trainer kite, or an instructional dvd as a gift, if you must get a voucher then be aware that without prior trainer kite experience the student will need many more lessons than someone who already can fly a trainer kite.
We highly recommend everybody spend 10-15 hours flying a trainer kite before taking their first lesson. This ensures you have the experience to get the most out of your lesson and means you'll progress quicker, in a more cost effective manner.
You can purchase a trainer kite or come into our shop and hire a trainer kite for $50 per week.
Kitesurfing Lessons (Two Hour Private): $250
- We tailor every lesson to suit the student. We do raw beginner lessons all the way up to advanced riding. Your instructor will assess your level of ability and tailor your lesson so you get the most out of it.
- Equipment is supplied for all lessons. This includes your kite, board, harness and safety gear.
- All of our lessons are one-on-one unless specified. We teach one-on-one to ensure you get the most out of your lessons
- Our instructors are highly qualified. We will never teach with assistants, so rest assured you'll be in safe hands.
3 Lesson Package (3 x Two Hour Private Lessons): $675
- All the same features as our two hour lessons, you just save 10% by purchasing them in a block of three.
- Ideal for newcomers, our three lesson packages will teach you all the skills you need to start kitesurfing in a safe and enjoyable manner.
Please click on the book now button below to book lessons!
- Dolls Point or Monterey Beach (Sydney) depending on what direction the wind is blowing. All first lessons start at the Kitepower Shop (302 The Grand Parade, Sans Souci)
**What you need to bring:
- Sunglasses with floating strap (Available for sale at Kitepower)
- Wetsuit (Available for sale, we do not hire wetsuits)
- Towel & change of clothes
- Drinks, sunscreen, lunch, etc.
We supply all kitesurfing equipment
If you have any questions feel free to contact us: