Slingshot's Hover Glide FKite V3 Foil is one of the most versatile foils in the line. Its size and surface area provide the lift and stability needed for learning, progression, tricks and transitions. Its unique dihedral shape provides a crazy level of dynamic carving control and self-centering flight that you have to feel to believe.
The 2019 Hover Glide FKite package is equipped with the Space skate (H4) front wing instead of the H5 wing of the prior two years. The H5 was (and is) a great all-around wing, but now that Slingshot have it dialed, the H4 is the obvious evolution for the FKite package.
All Hover Glide wings have been reengineered for 2019. New carbon composite is significantly lighter than years past, but still a lot less expensive than the high-end carbon only a select few foilers ever need. The magic feel of the H4 wing comes from its arched “batwing” shape that essentially acts as a self-centering device as you ride. When you lean into a turn and let off, it wants to find level flight rather than continuing at the same angle and requiring rider input to correct. The result is a super playful and forgiving feel that lets you bounce from turn to turn like you’re carving down a fresh patch of pavement on a longboard- hence its name, the Space Skate.
- Reengineered carbon construction- lighter, more range and more efficient
- Flight School compatible for easy learning
- Modular system
- Large, low-aspect wing has tons of lift and stability
- Dihedral shape provides “self-centering” flight
- Shift Fuse: Different connection for different performance
- Aluminium mast- sturdy, affordable super durable
- Excellent wake and surf crossover
- Safe-T winglets prevent injury
- Shorter mast – 71cm (28”) rather than 89cm (35”)