Free Shipping on orders over $200
A hard-charging freestyle favorite, the AsylumV5 is a performance board loaded with cutting-edge design features for aggressive riders who like to GO big, RIDE fully powered and PUSH the limits in the name of progression. The Asylum’s flex has been optimized with our new Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer, which delivers massive pop and outstanding flex/rebound characteristics. Tip/tail channels and chined rails offer all the drive you need for upwind performance, as well as insane tracking through all water conditions. How ever you choose to ride your Asylum (it’s engineered to ride with or without fins), rest assured the Asylum is backed by Slingshot’s legendary construction and durability.
- Hot sheet 10k carbon stringer - The stiffest carbon stringer in any board we make results in maximum rebound and pop for superior freestyle and big-air capabilities.
- Atomic wood core - Lengthwise carbon stringers, top and bottom, provide strength and stiffness.
- Carbon bedrock inserts - Light, flexible and durable inserts that maintain the board’s flex underfoot for a consistent feel from tip to tail.
- Chined plane rails - Designed to completely redirect spray away and down, these belly channels reduce the area of contact between the board and the surface of the water. The chined rails also help prevent catching an edge on fast and sketchy landings.
- Slingshot fusion sidewall - We’ve transferred the same technology found in high durometer urethane skateboard wheels into the rail of all our boards. Our innovative manufacturing process literally infuses the rail into the board cores in one single shot, producing unrivaled dampening and durability.
- Precision laser-cut channels - By utilizing the latest in laser-cutting technology, all of our boards feature the cleanest, most precise construction. What this laser tech means to you as a rider is boards that have consistently cleaner takeoffs, smoother landings, better response, tons of grip, load-and-pop, and upwind drive.
Dura light base - This .2mm base material is the ideal strength to weight ratio. Lightweight performance in a strong and durable package.
Continuous rocker - A smooth, consistent curve provides a fast ride, predictable pop, great carving performance and disperses water to soften landings.
- Sustainably sourced wood - Our wood providers are Forest Stewardship Council approved ensuring that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits. These standards expand protection of water quality, prohibit harvest of rare old-growth forest, prevent loss of natural forest cover and prohibit the use of highly hazardous chemicals. This approval also protects customary rights of indigenous people, ensuring their voices are part of the certification process and impacts of forest operations are addressed.
In most cases, goods are delivered to you by Australia Post. Items over $100 are sent by Registered Post or Courier - at no additional cost to you. Items longer than 1m or heavier than 10kg may need to be sent via a Courier, and cannot be sent to a PO Box. We will contact you if this is the case, and you will need to provide a daytime address where someone can sign for the goods upon delivery.
For peace of mind, products purchased from kitepower.com.au can be returned (at the buyers expense) for a store credit to be used against a future purchase. Goods must be returned in new condition, and within 14 days of receipt.
Most manufactures have a warranty on their equipment, and we will honour these where applicable.
Now you can have the prompt delivery and after sales service we have always offered... AND get your purchase at the lowest possible price.
We endeavour to keep our prices as low as possible, and while we have always matched our competitors prices, we are now making it official - if you find a better advertised or online price, we will match it (or even beat it, if possible) - Guaranteed*.
*Of course, there are a few conditions:
How do I take advantage of the Price Promise?
Phone us to confirm, or if you order online, simply give us the details on the price you found when you place your order - there is a section for your comments at the time of checkout. We must be able to verify the quoted price in order to process your order at the lower price.
Peace of mind
If you find a lower price AFTER you buy from us, then we will give you the difference as a credit towards any future purchase. Offer valid for 14 days from purchase date - so you've got two weeks to make sure you got a great deal from Kitepower, as usual.
It's a way of saying, "thank you for your business"...