Shinn Model K2 Carbon Hydrofoil
Introduced last year the K2 foil incorporated new levels of stability and control in a foil that was fast, easy to use, and incredibly pitch stable. For 2020 we raise the bar once again by offering this foil with our all-new Carbon composite mast.
With more than 2 years R and D and over 30 prototypes made it would be fair to say the quest to find the perfect carbon mast was a little more complicated than it first appeared. Not content with simply building a “black foil” we’ve held back from releasing anything until every box was ticked.
Why are carbon foils special? Stiffness, stiffness, and more stiffness (plus a little less weight). During foiling the rider is up to 1 metre above the foil, it’s long-distance control, 1cm of flex at wing level is magnified by a factor of X to where you stand – imagine trying to push a button with a 1m long flexible stick or driving a car with flat tyres, each control input you make is magnified and delayed causing instability and even the most talented riders to wobble. If your serious about foiling and want to raise your game to the next level carbon is the only way forwards.
Built using our proprietary hi-modulus, multi-axial carbon sandwich construction, and featuring an innovative new Hollow-Tech integrated mounting plate with fast mount slide on/off fasteners. This foil uses a dedicated fuselage but is compatible with all existing Shinn wings and stabilizers.
- Revolutionary Freeride Foil - Designed for riders wanting to take their foiling to the next level – quickly.
- Hi-Modulus Carbon Wings - Medium/high aspect wing - 866 cm 2 with winglet Stabiliser - 280cm2
- Versatile Speed range - Take off around 12 kph with top speeds >55 kph
- Multiple Mast Lengths - Available with 60cm, 75cm, 90cm and 110cm
- Hollow-Tech Mounting plate - This integrated plate Increases rigidity and decreases weight
- Multi-axial, multi-layered, hi-modulus carbon construction - Increased speed, increased stiffness and increased control
- Compatible and Easy - Fast and easy foil attachment to any board (165 x 90 bolt spacings) with either M6 or M8 hardware
- Modular Design - Fuselage compatibility with all other Shinn wings and stabilisers