NAVIGATOR CONTROL BAR
45-50CM OR 50-55CM
The Connect. Our patented quick release system with intuitive single-action reload. We’ve always had this dream of the Connect System being as easy to load and release as a car seatbelt. You push, and you click. The problem is, a seatbelt won’t release when there’s a load on it. Our North Design team has been searching for the past 15 years, but every other product with a quick reset is designed to hold with high forces. Our control system has to reset easily and be released while under high load, with a low release load. It’s a tough set of requirements. Our primary objective in evolving the quick release system is safety, but we also want the customer experience to be intuitive. The Connect is designed to reload from any angle, without needing to be super-accurate. Simply push the loop into the vicinity and it locks. It can also be conveniently reloaded with one hand, and relied on for safety in challenging situations. Imagine you’re being pulled onto a reef with waves crashing over you, you’re the only one out there. If you can’t reconnect, you’re in trouble. A further design complication is the harsh sand and saltwater environment which means you need to strip everything back as much as possible. If the tolerances are too tight, and there’s sand throughout, the components will not release. So much mechanical finesse, load-testing and material knowledge has gone into the development of the Connect Quick Release, ensuring it meets our demanding safety criteria. The end result raises the industry standard as a whole. We’ve developed and refined the entire Navigator Control System harmoniously from the ground up, providing a premium user experience that is simple, intuitive and refined - right down to the sound of the closure. Push and click.
- Cleated trim system
- Colour Coded Components
- 100 % Dyneema SK99 control line
- Easy to reach trim handle
- Dyneema depower and trim lines
- Injection molded soft EVA bar ends ensure nothing hard comes in touch with you or your board and contain rear line adjustment.
- Kook-proof line connectors. Easily change the front (knotted end) and rear (larks head loop) connectors to match other manufacturers kite configurations.
- Leader line PU tubing Covers help to prevent line abrasion.
- Integrated retractable line winder bungee prevents tangled lines when packed up. Bungee retracts when not in use.
- Spinning handle with custom low-friction washer to unspin your front lines easily.
- Two adjustable bar length size options (45-50cm and 50-55cm) to fine tune the turning speed of your kite.
- Tactile offset finger bar for an ergonomic grip and intuitive feel when the control bar is orientated correctly.
Includes: Control Bar, complete with - Connect Quick Release, Standard Freeride Loop, Short Leash, Lines
Size: 45-50cm / 50-55cm