LIGHT. DIRECT. SAFE.
Your session’s awesomeness depends heavily on your gear. We believe the Sensor 2 control bar system contributes much more than you would think to kite performance. And it’s what you don’t see that makes our bars so unbelievably good. The functional know-how we hide inside and the minimalist design on the outside gives our bars the signature CORE confidence you expect. And the safety features you rely on.
The Sensor 2 bar is now joined by the new Sensor 2S and Sensor 2S Pro. Two new bars with more tech wizardry that you can’t even see at first glance. Regardless of your bar selection, The CORE Sensor 2 bar system will provide you with the lightest, safest, and most direct feeling bar on the market. Because we sell more than just cool bars. We sell confidence.
Meet the Sensor 2. This innovative bar is our go-to bar for all of our kites. R&D is a priority here at CORE. We work very hard to bring leading edge materials and ideas to control bar development while maintaining its functional simplicity and safety. One look at a CORE bar is all it takes to appreciate the quality, precision, and the technology. But the real magic remains hidden. Take for example a comfortable grip that needs a thin bar. To create an indestructible bar with the lightest, narrowest grip possible required thinking outside the box. Thinking that led to a titanium truss construction. Wearing thick gloves in 8C temps isn’t a big deal with our Sensor 2 bar. The German engineered, titanium cored, Sensor 2 bar is: Simplicity in design. State-of-the-art in function. And absolutely safe. But if that’s still not enough for you, we have the new Sensor 2S or Sensor 2S Pro.
- DURABLE 24 METER LINES Made in Germany quality. Our line supplier, Liros, is a name synonymous with innovation and workmanship. For example, they pre-stretch our lines under heat. Only 1.8mm thick and sporting a breaking strength of 368 kg, the Sensor 2S lines will perform beyond your expectations. A small but important detail relates to how we finish our line end loops.
- VARIO WIDTH One bar covers all our kite sizes. From 4 to 19m! Nice. The Sensor 2S bar width is adjustable from 46cm to 52cm by moving one knot. The best design ideas are the simple ones. Switching widths is as easy as 1. Pull back the floater exposing the bar end leader. 2. Undo larks head knot on the back line where it attaches to the bar leader. 3. Pull on the opposite bar leader knot and reconnect larks head.
- SUPPORTED SINGLE FRONTLINE SAFETY (SSF)Exclusive to CORE. When the Rotor quick release is activated, the kite will fully depower and come to rest in a ‘drift launch-ready’ position (nose to wind) until you are ready. The benefits here are twofold. The kite stays put and does not want to relaunch into the sky. And there is no pull on the lines while the kite is in ‘drift launch-ready’ position simplifying the process of re-engaging the Rotor quick release. So how does SSF work and why does the kite not ‘turtle’ and stay in the air? The answer is that the kite does not flag out on one front line or equally on 2 front lines. SSF releases 100% of the back lines and flags the kite mainly on one front line. But sufficient tension remains on the other front line to steer the kite down.
- TITANIUM CORELeave it to CORE to design the strongest bar ever. We engineered an internal, aircraft quality, grade 5 titanium alloy truss to reinforce the bar. The titanium’s featherweight rigidity gives, in part, the Sensor 2S’s direct feel.
- ULTRALIGHT UNIBODY BARMade in Germany. The featherlight, unibody bar comes in at a mere 230g. The key to the Sensor 2S’s light and super direct feel is found in its low mass and low bar-end height. Inertia is reduced and leverage is optimized. The Sensor 2S sports a deeply contoured EVA grip for long lasting comfort and excellent hold.
- TECTANIUM S-SLIDE / DEPOWER LINESThe Sensor 2S replaces the front lines from the “Y” to the chicken loop with our exclusive, no stretch, Tectanium. And we protect it with a 5.2mm, UV-stabilized, Polyether where it passes through the bar. Techno speak for a really durable, self-lubricating, no pinch, depower line. The new, virtually frictionless, depower/safety lines are more aerodynamic, provide better feedback, and are more comfortable between the fingers.
- S-NECKPerfect balance. The stainless steel connection between the Rotor QR and the depower lines is shaped to provide more symmetric pulling forces on the lines. S-Neck: Smoother auto untwist. Zero unwanted leverage. Perfectly symmetric pulling forces.
- CERAMIC UNTWISTFunctional simplicity. Untwisting your front lines has never been easier. Front line twists only occur below the Sensor 2S bar. An improved, below the bar, swivel with hi-tech ceramic bearings unravels the front lines virtually on its own or whenever the bar is pulled in. The days of manually spinning the front line swivel are over.