Armstrong A Wind wing
FROM THE FIRST PROTOTYPES TO THE FINAL PRODUCTION MODEL, DEVELOPING THE A-WING HAS BEEN A TOTAL BLAST!
Each step of the development process we were searching for the ideal balance between power and feel while reducing leading edge flex to a minimum.
Powerful - The A Wing is powerful! This is primarily because the aerofoil section has been carefully developed so meter for meter the A-Wing is one of the most powerful wings on the market.
Solid -The solid airframe of the A-Wing is the second ingredient to power and performance.
Balanced - We refined the A-Wing design to be well balanced in a wide range of conditions. It is strong in terms of construction and durability but as light as possible in design for that perfect balance.
- The leading edge and strut have Aramid reinforced cloth on all high load and stress points.
- Internal tape reinforces all seams on the leading edge and strut.
- Double layer of Dacron and Aramid cloth reinforces the strut to leading edge connection.
- High volume inflate and deflate valves make setup and pack down a breeze. The leading edge and the strut, inflate and deflate separately.
- Leading edge and struts... Dimension Polyant Dacron (Germany)
- Sail... Teijin T9669 D3 (Japan)
The A-Wing comes complete with Carry Bag, Wrist Leash, Repair kit, Manual and is available in three optimized sizes, 3.5m 4.5m and 5.5m.
Maintenance tip - When drying your wing after use leave it inflated or inflate at home in an area where the wing cannot be blown around by the wind. DO NOT hang and shake an uninflated wing, the strut bladder will dislodge from the front section of the strut, and then the next time you inflate it is likely to burst, avoid this issue by always drying the wing with the leading edge and strut inflated (does not need to be full pressure)