Cabrinha Drifter Icon 2021 kite only
“There are no products that represent kite surfing as well as the Cabrinha Switchblade and Drifter Kites. Heroes have been made, records have been broken, and the path to progression has been attainable by all through these iconic kites. This year we celebrate enduring performance with the Switchblade and Drifter limited edition Icon Series. “ - Pete Cabrinha
One of the most interesting things about the Drifter is its ability to engage and disengage its power on command. While catching a wave you want all the power you need but while surfing, you often want the kite to completely disappear while you surf on your own power.
It’s in this moment of pure surfing where you want a kite that ‘drifts’ down the line with you in a stable and predictable way. We dubbed this phenomenon Drift Stability and it is the crucial ingredient in a performance surf kite.
It’s here where the Drifter has no equal and as such has helped us crown world champions and get riders into waves and barrels that were previously thought to be the realm of just elite surfers.
The 250 limited edition Drifter ICON collection kites give a nod towards their industry changing heritage and give riders the chance to enjoy their own completely unique product which represents an Iconic legacy.
Each Drifter Icon kite comes with an official badge collectors number and limited edition ICON kite bag.
3-strut, Moderate aspect ratio hybrid design, Surf/drift wing tip design, 2 bridle setting options
- Unique graphic design
- 250 piece limited run
- NEW Heavy duty closing seam construction.
- Nano Ripstop canopy, the NEW bench mark in durability, stability & responsiveness.
- Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Slackline drift for down-the-line surfing
- Light bar pressure with direct and responsive steering
- Great pop for strapless freestyle tricks
- Onshore and offshore condition settings
- Fast power and depower response
- Quick kite acceleration and deceleration
- Fast relaunch